Sunday, June 1, 2008

7. Some artmaking

It has been another big few months for me (I derive a lot of pleasure from living life at a dangerous pace). I have ploughed through a few different jobs, fallen deeply in love and deeply out of it, met many new people, shared laughs, swapped cultural memes and in general have been having a blast.

Artistically, I have found new purchase in several techniques and I feel more energised than ever. I think a big part of it has been finding a vital balance between traditional and digital work - enough traditional to keep me sane and inspired, and enough digital to assure myself that I can produce with speed and efficiency.

Below are a few digital speed paintings, all half an hour each, with simple topics as idea-starters.











Here's to inspiration and love - those things which remove us from the spiral and remind us of the truth, if only temporal, of our existance ;)

No comments: